Like a lot of the energy healing stuff, I am new to “tapping.” It’s easy to do – it’s literally using your fingertips from one hand to tap your body – and it helps to build your immune system. Not a bad thing these days. As noted on this site, tapping is based upon Eastern medicine that’s existed for over 5000 years – and like acupuncture and acupressure, it’s a set of techniques which utilize the body’s energy meridian points.
It’s also known as the “Emotional Freedom Technique” – or “EFT” – and plugging that term into YouTube elicits a long list of videos that display how to tap. This “Healthline” page lists five steps to EFT (identify your issue, test initial intensity, setup, tapping sequence & final intensity) – and this Pinterest page has a bunch of EFT images that can be handy to keep in your pocket as reminders to tap.
What are your major energy meridians? Here’s an excerpt from this “Healthline” page – There are 12 major meridians that mirror each side of the body and correspond to an internal organ. However, EFT mainly focuses on these nine:
- Karate chop (KC): small intestine meridian
- Top of head (TH): governing vessel
- Eyebrow (EB): bladder meridian
- Side of the eye (SE): gallbladder meridian
- Under the eye (UE): stomach meridian
- Under the nose (UN): governing vessel
- Chin (Ch): central vessel
- Beginning of the collarbone (CB): kidney meridian
- Under the arm (UA): spleen meridian